By John R. Shook,Joseph Margolis
- Unique intensive and insurance of classical figures and their philosophies in addition to pragmatism as a residing strength in philosophy.
- Chapters contain discussions on philosophers resembling John Dewey, Jürgen Habermas and Hilary Putnam.
Read Online or Download A Companion to Pragmatism (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) PDF
Similar greek & roman philosophy books
Die heute größtenteils verlorenen Schriften des Arztes Soranos von Ephesos (ca. 100-140 n. Chr. ) behandeln die gesamte Heilkunde der Zeit. Darüber hinaus lassen sie das philosophische Denken des Soranos sowie sein breites historisches Interesse erkennen. In diesem Band werden aus verschiedenen Quellen die Testimonien der Abhandlung Peri psyches gesammelt.
This publication offers an creation to Plato’s paintings that offers a transparent assertion of what Plato has to claim concerning the difficulties of concept and existence. In particular, it tells the reader simply what Plato says, and makes no try and strength a approach at the Platonic textual content or to trim Plato’s works to fit modern philosophical tastes.
The Roman statesman, thinker and playwright Lucius Annaeus Seneca dramatically encouraged the development of Western idea. His works have had an exceptional effect at the improvement of moral concept, shaping a code of habit for facing tyranny in his personal age that endures this day. This better half completely examines the total Senecan corpus, with precise emphasis at the elements of his writings that experience challenged interpretation.
In her essay assortment First, moment, and different Selves: Essays on Friendship and private id, famous student of historic philosophy Jennifer Whiting gathers her formerly released essays taking Aristotle's theories on friendship as a springboard to interact with modern philosophical paintings on own identification and ethical psychology.
- Aristotle on Knowledge of Nature and Modern Skepticism
- Language, Thought and Falsehood in Ancient Greek Philosophy: Volume 2 (Routledge Library Editions: Philosophy of Language)
- Plato in 60 Minutes: Great Thinkers in 60 Minutes
- In Dialogue with the Greeks: Volume I: The Presocratics and Reality: 1 (Ashgate Wittgensteinian Studies)
- Eros and the Intoxications of Enlightenment: On Plato's Symposium (SUNY series in Ancient Greek Philosophy)
- Playful Philosophy and Serious Sophistry: A Reading of Plato’s "Euthydemus" (Untersuchungen zur antiken Literatur und Geschichte)
Additional info for A Companion to Pragmatism (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy)
A Companion to Pragmatism (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) by John R. Shook,Joseph Margolis